Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Repairs underway - E.T. Phone Home

BEFORE -- exposed pipes in bedroom closet; came
with the house purchase...lovely!

AFTER -- a seamless finish!



sheetrocked ceiling (post asbestos removal)


hardwood refinishing/sanding in the living room



making a hole in the ceiling for a ceiling fan
creates a mess!


BEFORE (living room)


AFTER!

bedroom

bedroom


asbestos removal of the popcorn ceilings


asbestos removal of the popcorn ceilings

Well, I managed to enjoy seeing family on the east coast while the repairs took a hiatus.  The ceiling asbestos has been scraped.  The place looked like a scene from the movie, E.T. (see above).  They left the plastic up which was helpful during the installation of sheetrock plus fresh paint.  It is  a fun process, I'm thankful I have the summer to do the work and if I didn't have a light workload over the summer, then it wouldn't be such a fun process.  The hardwoods will be refinished and then the deck project will commence.  There is so much loose decking that I've stuck "caution" yellow tape in between the floor boards on the trickier pieces.  I got a good workout raking the leaves today (I have two avocado trees (no avocados yet)).   Onward! 

No comments: